Eczema and psoriasis share similar traits, maintaining beautiful skin, and healthy guts require total commitment- don’t forget to use a humidifier during the dry season, winter or extremely hot climate and drink lots of water!!
Learn More about Psoriasis, Eczema, Crohn’s, Gluten sensitivity, Itchy Skin and how to maintain a Healthy Glowing Skin
This post was created to help provide basic and general information for those seeking to learn more about Psoriasis, Eczema, Crohn’s and Gluten conditions you will also learn how to manage it with healthy tips, diets, and skincare tips. Yeah, life is good but if you have ever had to worry about every single morsel of food that goes into your mouth and brace your self for a reaction with fear, then this post is for you. I recently met a very great guy online we became friends, he had Crohn’s disease and other allergies, he thought me a great deal about life and showed me what it takes to keep on fighting. Even though he has been through a lot, he refuses to give up! I have so much respect for him.
In life, we may find ourselves at a crossroad, faced with unseen battles and be confronted with our worse fears- be grateful still, that you are counted worthy enough to fight a battle.Sylspritzs Organics
If you are just noticing these symptoms for the first time don’t panic or give up, check-in with a reliable doctor / medical center. Ask them to give you informed advice on what works or better still help you plan a better diet. Let’s begin with nut allergies.
What Is Nuts Allergies?
Living and Traveling with an allergy can be challenging, here are some tips to help- read post!
Peanuts and tree nuts are two common foods that cause allergies or intolerance in those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. Other common allergens are dairy, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, and corn etc. These are the most common foods to cause a life-threatening severe allergic reaction. Visit your doctor or a specialist to discover what is causing your allergy. The best way to manage a peanut, tree nut and seed allergy is to avoid all products containing these foods. E.g, Avoid nuts and nut products; read ingredient labels carefully. Administer epinephrine (adrenaline) as soon as severe symptoms develop seek emergency treatment if you have a severe reaction to peanuts.
What is Psoriasis?
Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of the disease and appears as raised, red patches covered with a silvery white buildup of dead skin cells or scale. These patches or plaques most often appear on the scalp, knees, elbows and lower back. They are often itchy and painful, and they can crack and bleed.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS
- Raised, bright red patches of skin that are mostly covered with loose, silvery scales
- Small areas of bleeding where the skin scales are scraped off or picked while scratching
- Mild scales to thick, crusted plaques on the skin with itching and sudden flare-ups
- Typical patches develop after injuries like cut, burn, or too much exposure to the sun
- Patches may develop on joints along with joint swelling, tenderness and pain.
Let’s look at the question posed by one our esteemed reader and dear friend.
What are the best treatments for psoriasis of the skin combined with bad gluten and nut allergies? In all, I do understand and have tried many different things to help aid my issues, and most organic products seem to flare up my issues more than just the cheap chemical riddled water from a dollar store.Comment from previous post
For those with strict diet- Eat a healthy diet that is gluten-free, nut-free, very little fiber, and drinks lots of fluid and try Autoimmune Paleo Diet, avoid late night meal as your digestive system might be stressed.
Other Food To Avoid Include:
- alcohol (mixed drinks, beer, wine)
- butter, mayonnaise, margarine, oils.
- carbonated beverages.
- coffee, tea, chocolate.
- corn husks.
- dairy products (if lactose intolerant)
- fatty foods (fried foods)
- foods high in fiber
Dairy products To Avoid For Eczema & Psoriasis and Vertigo Sufferers etc-
A person should avoid dairy products that may contain added sources of fiber. Examples can include:
cheeses that contain nuts or seeds
yogurts that contain fruit skins, such as whole blueberries, cherries, or strawberries
Eating other dairy foods in moderation can be helpful during a flare-up, by providing calcium and live active cultures. Learn More
What you should know- Try and review your case with your doctor, any genuine doctor is supposed to draw a conclusion using your case file and provide a workable and doable diet for you.
Let’s go straight to the point, the cause of psoriasis lies in the gut, not skin. Accumulation of toxins in your body over an extended period of time would increase the level of toxins beyond the limit and your body would detoxify through your skin causing psoriasis flakes to appear. Hence, Psoriasis is the external manifesto of your body’s attempt to flush out internal body toxins.
If your body is heavily loaded with toxins beyond accepted limits, then these increased amounts of body toxins would seep through your damaged intestine walls (damaged due to chronic indigestion and over-activity) into your blood. It is called leaky gut syndrome. Purification of thick and contaminated blood is carried out by the liver and kidney. If the toxin is too high leaving those organs (liver and kidney) overloaded, then your skin would come to rescue and flush off those toxins causing psoriasis flakes and rashes on your skin.
When you have a flare-up of psoriasis of the skin, most likely you’ll arrange to see your doctor. After making an examination he might prescribe one of series of diets and costly treatments which may or may not help in most cases. However, there are some lucky few whom organic diets and skin care has generally and immensely improved their conditions.
Sclerosis, Eczema And Psoriasis Almost Have Similar Symptoms
Unlike itchiness due to a mosquito bite or eczema, which arises because of inflammation in the skin, itchy sensations caused by MS arise due to abnormal nerve signals coming from the brain. Also, MS can cause pain, itching, and a number of other symptoms affecting the skin. In other words, symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS) are a result of the damage MS does to the brain and spinal cord. To learn more read article.
Let’s look at some of the regular treatments for this humiliating skin condition. Following that, you’ll discover the best natural remedy for psoriasis such as:
- A topical treatment (e.g. steroid cream)
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Injection and oral therapy
- Phototherapy treatment (sunlight exposure etc.)
- Tips on how to avoid flare
- Organic skin care cream and healthy diets
Treatment or Relief for Psoriasis & Eczema
Treatments such as these, whether used on their own or in combination, might sometimes give you some symptomatic relief and make you feel better. However, the problem with conventional methods of treatment is that they don’t always address the underlying cause of the condition. This means that they cannot deliver a cure. Sadly, this leaves you vulnerable to repeated attacks in the future. Still, it is a good idea to be aware of what is available and how it may help – or hinder – your chances of recovery.
Thеѕе psoriasis home remedies аrе nоt thе final treatment fоr psoriasis but rаthеr thеу аrе proven tо bе effective in soothing thе psoriasis symptom withоut аnу heavy expenses оn medication.
1) Embrace mоrе sunlight, thе mоѕt effective аnd totally free natural cure fоr psoriasis. UV rays аrе good in slowing dоwn thе T cell process оf cyotokines, whiсh саn trigger inflammation.
2) Kеер уоur hygiene аnd hаvе a good practice оf bathing. Bath with lukewarm water with ѕоmе oils in thе shower iѕ vеrу effective in moisturizing аnd improving thе psoriasis condition.
3) Flaxseed oil, lavender, argan oil, apple cider vinegar, aloe vеrа аnd dead sea salts аrе ѕоmе оthеr wеll knоwn supplements аnd natural cure fоr psoriasis thаt саn bе easily аvаilаblе withоut spending big money.
4) Vitamin B 12,C,D аnd E аrе аlѕо commonly uѕеd tо strengthen thе bоdу health аnd соnѕеԛuеntlу hеlр tо improve thе immune system. Hence, thе bоdу саn slowly cure psoriasis itѕеlf оr еvеn eliminate it.
All thеѕе natural cures fоr psoriasis аrе juѕt ѕоmе simple tips in helping thе fellow sufferers in improving thе ѕkin condition аnd reducing thе irritation caused bу psoriasis. Let’s move on to Gluten. Lear more
What Is Gluten?
Gluten is a general name for the protein found in wheat, barley, rye, triticale, wheatberries, durum, emmer, semolina, farina, farro, etc. It makes bread fluffy and dough sticky. Unlike Crohn’s disease, people with bad gluten symptoms usually experience relief when patients adhere to a gluten-free diet. Even with some conflicting data, most studies conclude that bad gluten disease is more common in IBD patients.
It is a common ingredient in many foods – including a lot that you wouldn’t expect, commonly found in:
- Cakes and pastries
- Soy sauce
- Oats may contain traces of gluten
Some people with IBD have reported that gluten can cause a negative effect on their symptoms. Many people with IBD have tried cutting gluten out of their diets. A cross-sectional study3 in the United States in 2014 found “65.6% of all patients, who attempted a gluten-free diet, described an improvement of their gastrointestinal symptoms and 38.3% reported fewer or less severe IBD flares. In patients currently attempting a gluten free diet, excellent adherence was associated with significant improvement of fatigue”. A study in 2011 also showed that people with Crohn’s disease are more genetically predisposed to coeliac disease.IBD RELIEF ARTICLE
What Is Crohn’s Disease?
Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) characterized by inflammationImmune response to tissue injury that causes redness, swelling, and pain of the digestive, or gastrointestinal (GI) tract collectively referring to the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, and anus. Learn more- Article Source.
Also what you must know is that:
Crohn’s disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC) are two chronic inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Each is distinct in its presentation and course of the disease, and both are chronically relapsing illnesses. Despite histological differences between the two diseases, dietary therapy (with the exception of the known efficacy of enteral therapy and CD) has often been similar for both, involving options that include increased fluids, avoidance of fatty foods, dietary fiber, and dairy products if lactose intolerant-.NCBI Article
Psoriasis’ and Its Effect on Mental Health
Stigma, insomnia, social phobia resulting to intense anxiety or fear of being judged negatively, and substance abuse etc. These are just a handful of the ways psoriasis can affect a person mentally. In this article, we look at how the physical symptoms of psoriasis are linked to the mental, and why addressing one’s well-being is a vital component of any psoriasis treatment plan. Most people generally know psoriasis as a skin condition. However, it is far more serious than simply a skin rash. While a great deal is yet to be understood about psoriasis, it is widely believed to be an autoimmune disease, meaning the immune system behaves abnormally and attacks the body.
What Are the Different Types of Psoriasis?
There are five types of psoriasis:
- Guttate psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
What Are The Skincare Remedies For People With Psoriasis:
People with psoriasis who establish a daily bath and body moisturizing routine will find it not only minimizes scaling but also helps alleviate itching and keeps psoriasis patches looking as good as possible or even clear. Using proven effective organic products is one of the most effective yet easiest things you can do for irritated skin. It can help your skin heal and reduce dryness, itching, redness, soreness, and scaling. You may also choose your moisturizer based on how dry your skin is. What you must know is that ointments are thick, heavy, and good at locking in moisture. Lotions are thinner but get absorbed more easily. Or, you can pick a cream that falls somewhere in between. Remember, a product doesn’t have to be too expensive to work well. Look for an organic fragrance-free and chemical-free moisturizer. After your bath or shower is a good time to gently pat on the lotion. Reapply throughout the day and when you change clothes.
Tips: Use more on cold or dry days.
Don’t forget to make your bath or showers short and lukewarm, avoiding hot water. Hot water feels good at the time, but the itching can worsen when you get out, so it’s best to avoid hot water baths. Do you react to oils? and what do you use to ease the itch ever tried vegetable glycerine, neem oil seed or leaf oil? will shea butter work for you? I know shea butter does work for lots of people, why? because Shea Butter is one of the miracle gifts from God to mankind it contains Vitamins A, E, and F, which are all found in shea butter, also help to promote healing of dry, itchy and inflamed skin. Shea butter also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to keep skin from becoming easily irritated, which is a common challenge for eczema psoriasis sufferers. Other miracle active ingredients I use to make my super homemade products include ACV which is highly effective in curbing itch and flare.
Getting a perfect skin care products can be challenging at times most of the products end up making it worse since psoriasis is a long-lasting (chronic) disease that usually involves periods when you have no symptoms or mild symptoms, followed by periods when symptoms are more severe. This is why we took the time to formulate this homemade product to help you fight the itch and flare.
Certain Factors That May Trigger Psoriasis & Eczema:
- Sunlight: A bad sunburn may worsen psoriasis.
- Streptococcal infections: Some evidence suggests that streptococcal infections may cause a type of plaque psoriasis.
- HIV: It typically worsens after an individual has been infected with HIV.
- Drugs: A number of medications have been shown to aggravate this. Some examples are as follows:
- Lithium: used to treat depression
- Beta-blockers: used to treat high blood pressure
- Antimalarials: used to treat malaria
- NSAIDs: such as ibuprofen (Motrin and Advil) or naproxen (Aleve), used to reduce inflammation
- Emotional stress: Many people see an increase in their psoriasis when emotional stress is increased.
- Smoking: Usually triggers a flare-up
- Alcohol: Usually makes it worse
- Heat/Sweating: Usually triggers
- Dust: Usually trigger it
- Poor Diet: Usually trigger it
- Lack of Exercise: Usually trigger it
- Hormone changes: The severity may fluctuate with hormonal changes. Disease frequency peaks during puberty and menopause. A pregnant woman’s symptoms are more likely to improve than worsen, if any changes occur at all. In contrast, symptoms are more likely to flare in the postpartum period, if any changes occur at all
You can use this homemade cream, or you might try and fix it at home. Perhaps it might help. Don’t worry, make sure to review the ingredients listed here with your doctor and ask your doctor for advice if you can try it.
Anti- Psoriasis & Eczema Shea Butter & ACV Soothing Cream
4 Spoon of Shea Butter
2 TBS of Coconut Oil
1 TBS of Honey
4 TBS of ACV
1 TBS of Vitamin E Oil
2 TBS of Jojoba Oil
2 Drops of Geranium oil
3 Drops of Lavender Oil
7 Drops of Roman Chamomile
5 Drops of Tea Tree Oil
How to mix:
- Mix shear butter with coconut oil, add ACV continue mixing then add honey, keep mixing, now add glycerin, baobab oil, argan oil, and ES oil and whip until well creamy, voila your anti-psoriasis cream is ready
Why Our Anti- Psoriasis & Eczema Shea Butter & ACV Soothing Cream Works Best?
We usually package the APE Soothing Cream with our African Black Soap and ACV body & facial spritzes soothing spray. Our therapy delivers a gentle, cleansing experience while naturally soothing troubled skin. Specially formulated with certified organic Shea Butter, honey and natural ingredients known to promote healing of skin affected by symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
Active Ingredients Include: Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, (shea Butter)*, Helianthus Annuus, (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extracts, Saponified Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Carbon, Avena Sativa (oat) Kernel Flour, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Tatresodium Etidronate
Untreated psoriasis can lead to:
- Thickened skin with secondary bacterial infection
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalance in severe psoriasis
- Joints swelling, tenderness, and pain in psoriatic affections of joints
- It can cause low self-esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, social isolation, etc.
- It increases risk for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, certain cancers, etc.
Best Diet For People With Psoriasis & Eczema
It’s wise to eat a balanced diet loaded with veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean protein, and “good” fats (which mainly come from plant sources). Healthy eating pattern is good for your whole body, and it should cover your nutritional needs.
Two specific things you may want to check on are:
- Vitamin D: A study from Spain found that people with psoriasis had lower levels of vitamin D. This vitamin helps keep your immune system working correctly
- Fish oil: This can help your body tame inflammation. Small studies also found that fish oil may reduce some side effects of medicines used to treat psoriasis
- Coconut Milk Yogurt is great but almond milk is usually preferred by most people with Crohn’s who are lactose intolerant. Luckily, there’s a great dairy alternative: almond milk is made from ground-up almonds and can be fortified to contain as much calcium as regular milk check the label before buying.
- There are treatments known to help people with stubborn psoriasis and eczema conditions.
Treatment Known As (HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT)
Homeopathy offers the most definitive treatment for this stubborn disease condition. Homeopathy targets the ‘autoimmune’ component (root cause) of psoriasis, NOT JUST its superficial symptoms. It brings back on track the immune system that has gone astray, thereby eliminating the root cause of psoriasis.
Well, I have always been against suggesting/selling a product for someone without first getting details of their skin/condition, they might be allergic to the product prescribed for them. That said, I highly recommend you consider your diet if you haven’t done that already. Diet plays a big role, according to Dr. Joel Furhman, who advocates a plant-based diet including greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries, seeds, and nuts daily.
Why does this occur though? No-one knows for certain. There are a few postulates, but not fully proven scientifically. Psoriasis is known to be seasonal, with excarbertions during changes of season. Some people may have remission for quite a while, only for it to flare up again unexpectedly. Stress can exacerbate it too. Certain medications may worsen it (eg certain high blood meds). So treatment is largely geared towards avoidance of exacerbating factors where possible, and for many simple creams may be effective or utterly a waste of money if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, there is no telling when a flare-up may occur or what cream will work without proper consultation.
I have always believed nature is has all the best cure.
Have you tried blending?
Three leaves of Kale
One third of a beetroot
Blend and enjoy.
It’s a little on the bitter side, so you might want to add some dates.
According to my research, there isn’t a known total cure for Psoriasis and Eczema although, some claim to have a cure for psoriasis- check them out here
Avoid Roadside Food Vendors
Cooking your own food allows Crohnie/ psoriasis gluten-sensitive travelers to avoid reactions in the privacy and comfort of their rented hotels/apartment, rather than having to face a new set of culinary adventures and risk flaring. Be prepared before a trip, avoid drinks containing gas, too spicy, alcohol, fatty foods, and nutty foods typically sold by roadside food vendors.
How People With Eczema & Psoriasis Struggle To Maintain A Healthy Glowing Skin?
The simplest of ways is to take a bath regularly, using anti-inflammatory products, in other to maintain a healthy looking glowing skin. Consider a healthy diet, drink plenty of fluid, avoid alcohol, and care must be taken in the protein, gluten, and fiber intakes. There are wide varieties of healthy super anti-inflammatory foods, try the Sylspritzs range of 100% organic products on our top lists products.
To book for spa & massage or order for your products contact us or call +234- 811-912141
Baobab Powder/ Oil:
- ✓ Nourishes Damaged Skin: Supper effective to treat damaged skin because it contains powerful nourishing nutrients and vitamins. It is easily absorbed by the skin without clogging pores and leaving a greasy residue and leaving the skin smooth.
- ✓ Perfect Cure For Eczema And Psoriasis Diseases: Moisturizes dry and cracked areas of the skin and reduces the formation of itching and discomfort. It can be used after the shower for psoriasis and eczema disorders.
- ✓ Destroys Body Cracks: Due to rapid weight gain and pregnancy body cracks can occur. Protects the elasticity of the skin and eliminate cracks in the abdomen, chest areas, tighs, breast, buttocks, and back. It eliminates scars as a result of surgery.
- ✓ Increases Collagen Production: Contains plenty of vitamin C. It accelerates collagen production of the skin due to vitamin C content. This decreases the symptoms of old age and wrinkles.
- ✓ Provides Benefits To Gums: It calms painful and inflamed gums. It’s good for gum infection.
- ✓ Provides Nail Care: Prevents easy breaking of nails.
- ✓ Contains Omega Fatty Acids And Vitamins: Omega-3 fatty acids Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9 fatty acids along with a, D, E and K vitamins.
- ✓ A Good Massage Oil: It can be used as a massage oil as it is nutritious to the hand and skin. To massage, mix 3 tablespoons baobab oil, half cup jojoba oil. 20 drops of lavender oil.
Sylspritzs African Black Soap
Sylspritzs Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy delivers a gentle, cleansing experience while naturally soothing troubled skin. Specially formulated with certified organic Shea Butter and natural botanical ingredients and oils known to promote healing of skin affected by symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, vertigo etc.
Morrocan Beldi Soap
This natural therapeutic Beldi Soap from Morocco is made from 100% virgin black olive oil. Proven to give a stunning result – You can expect a buttery soft, smooth and glowing skin complexion, free from dryness, blemishes, blackheads, and blocked pores; Eczema, psoriasis, and acne are treated and calmed without stripping your skin of its natural oils
The multi-purpose effectiveness of our Spa grade 1 Moroccan Black Soap is a versatile and multi-purpose daily cleanser and skin conditioner; It delivers one of the world’s most powerful deep pore facials with the use of any harsh chemicals and can be applied daily to even the driest, flaky and sensitive skin. It is a fantastive alternitive to shaving cream.
To use, apply in the shower to damp skin. Use an exfoliating scrub glove, and scrub your whole body head to toe. After you are done scrubbing, rinse with water to remove all soap. You will be left with exceptionally soft skin. plus it’s super effective in removing dry, dead skin, and above all cost effective and last longer!
No one can resist the soothing effects of pure 100% Argan Oil on their skin whenever they feel itchy. You will enjoy the super relaxing feel an incredible relief afterward.
Apply the juice to maintain glowing and healthy skin. This can also reduce or remove common acne or chickenpox scars from the face and other parts of the body. Tamarind juice has enzymes, fiber, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and alpha hydroxyl acids that remove dead skin cells. They unclog the pores, reduce age-related spots and blemishes, and keep your skin clear. It also has an anti-aging effect on your skin. This is due to the presence of alpha hydroxy acids in tamarind. Tamarind is loaded with antioxidants that protect your skin from the harmful free radicals.
Tumeric Powder- Research has proven that curcumin can be used effectively in treating and preventing skin diseases like vitiligo, scleroderma, melanoma etc.
Few ways by which curcumin serves to be therapeutic are: It protects skin by scavenging oxidizing reactive species. It controls inflammation by inhibiting nuclear factor kappa B, group of proteins that regulate inflammation in the body. It accelerates wound healing and has skin regenerating potential. It influences detoxification enzymes that protect against oxidative stress. It is used to treat itchy skin conditions like scabies. The source from- https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/turmeric-for-psoriasis
Sylspritzs builds trust and confidence with clients, during first visits, having an absolute stranger believe in what we do wholeheartedly and offer suggestions for ideas is one of the purest, and inspiring, things we have achieved.
Avoid Stress If You Suffer from Any Of These Conditions
Finally, avoid stress, if you suffer from any of these conditions,. Research shows thаt stress аnd anxiety саn aggravate psoriasis аnd оthеr ѕkin conditions. Working tо manage stress iѕ thе bеѕt wау tо reduce psoriasis symptoms аnd tо hеlр augment diffеrеnt psoriasis cures. Hаving psoriasis саn bе stressful аnd vеrу frustrating еѕресiаllу whеn уоu аrе lооking fоr a wау tо escape thе vicious cycle оf flare-ups. Gеtting hеlр fоr anxiety iѕ оnе оf thе mоѕt important but greatly overlooked aspects оf thе treatment оf thiѕ ѕkin condition. Speak to someone about this don’t keep quiet.
We have come to the end of the post.
Did you enjoy the post?
Do you have an experience you wish to share or better ideas and do you like helping others? don’t be shy, leave us a comment or share this post, we will appreciate it.
Thank you for dropping in, looking forward to seeing you back soon and don’t forget to subscribe to receive awesome tips.
To book for spa & massage or order for any of our products get in touch.
Or visit our Instagram link / Twitter